Community gardening is not a well-known term but it does exist and often we do not know. Community gardening is basically a small or large piece of land where numerous people grow their own veggies or fruits. The land might be marked for every individual or it might be shared by a group of gardeners. This concept is very much famous in America where people own large victory gardens, where small connives of vegetables are grown and to massive greening projects on the sides of the roads to beatify the roads and also to reserve the nature. This type of gardening has indeed many benefits and some of the prominent ones shall be discussed in the subsection.
Benefits of community gardening
The benefits are as follows:
- This technique helps people who do not own their own land to grow vegetables of their own choice.
- Poor people also earn a living by selling the vegetables or fruits they grow in the gardens.
- Community gardeners provide fresh and healthy vegetables to the community which reduces the chance of many health hazards.
- The vegetables are grown under the strict observation and no chemicals or fertilizers are added to retain their natural value.
- The vendors or sellers get access to fresh vegetables
- There were many studies conduct and which revealed that gardening is a healthy way to restore the mental health.
- Gardening is a way for exercise and recreation as well. People who tend to do more gardening are much healthier than non-gardeners
- Gardening is associated with physical activity. According to researchers the gardening tends to reduce the levels of HDL, cholesterol and also blood pressure
- People stay active and energetic throughout the day if they have done gardening in the morning.
- The stress alleviates when the person starts living and admiring the nature
- The gardening recues the chances of theft by involving the jobless employees in gardening and other useful activities
- Also this type of gardening increase the scrutiny and therefore preventing the theft chances
- Some studies have also shown that a place with more green lands are less likely to be robbed
- Gardening keeps the community busy and they do not get time to make notorious plans
- Gardens increases the beauty of the surroundings
- Flowers, trees and plants around actually bring people more close to nature
- Green lands preserve the natural ecosystem
- More greenery means more fresh oxygen, so people get to breath in fresh air all the time
- The rain water gets filtered when they are passed through the soil.
- When combined with science the gardening becomes fun learning for the students
- Gardens are a good place to arrange the picnics and educational trips
Neighborhood gardening community has so many benefits. It benefits to the whole nation and on a larger scale. So this technique must be adopted in every country as it not only improves the health but also improves the economy of the states.